All transcript requests will now be fulfilled electronically through Parchment.com. Great Lakes Learning Academy has authorized Parchment, Inc. to provide free transcripts in electronic or paper format to enrolled students. If this is your first time requesting a transcript, you will first have to register by creating a new account on Parchment.com. Once you have created your account, you can request to have your transcript sent to any destination and track your transcript order. All transcript requests will be completely free of charge unless you have graduated from high school. Please see the graduates section below for more information.
How to Request a Transcript
Steps to Request a Transcript
- Visit the customized Parchment.com Great Lakes Learning Academy transcript request page.
- Fill in the required fields to create your free account. If you’re not a graduate of our program, please set your last year attended to 2016 since you’re requesting your transcript now.
- Follow the prompts and sign the waiver.
- Finally, select the destination(s) where you’d like your transcript to be received, either electronically or via mail. You can choose to receive a copy for yourself, search for a school, or enter the destination data manually.
The first transcript request will be free for graduates of Great Lakes Learning Academy schools. Please request your transcript prior to August 1st. Prior to August 1st, the transcript will be free no matter which school you graduated from. After August 1st, graduates will be considered part of the alumni group, so if you graduated from a Great Lakes Learning Academy school and did not yet receive your first transcript, we may need to assist to make sure you can still receive the first copy of your official transcript for free. After that, additional copies will carry a small fee and can be processed through Parchment.
Requesting Student Records
- If the student is currently enrolled with Great Lakes Learning Academy: An unofficial current progress report/transcript is available at any time by logging into the LMS. More information is available in the school handbook.
- If the student has withdrawn from Great Lakes Learning Academy: Students who have withdrawn should contact the Great Lakes Learning Academy office directly to request transcripts.
- Requesting other student records or cumulative file: The official student cumulative file will be sent directly to the next school once that school makes a written request. Parents and guardians of students, and students over 18 years of age, are also able to request copies of items from their cumulative file by submitting a written request to the school’s Records Department. While transcripts are provided free via Parchment, copies of other items from the cumulative file are typically provided by mail, and a copying fee may be applied.
Other schools and school districts can receive transcripts electronically directly from Parchment by signing up for the free receiving service, but the student must initiate the request in Parchment. If a school is not signed up to receive transcripts electronically, Parchment will still send the transcript via US mail.
Please note that our contract with Parchment ensures that your personal information will not be shared, so don’t hesitate to set up your account. Student information entered will only be used to fulfill the transcript request and is kept secure.
There are no fees for currently enrolled students. If you have any concerns or believe you have been charged a fee in error, please reach out to us. (For high school graduates, please see the graduates information section above for more information.)