Participate in a coding challenge. Create poetic word art. Contribute articles to The Monitor blog. Compete in a chess tournament. These activities can all be a part of the well-rounded student experience at Great Lakes Learning Academy (GLLA).
Connecting with other students is often viewed as one of the most important parts of school. That’s why we offer a wide variety of academically focused student engagement clubs designed to extend learning throughout the school year.
These free, teacher-directed student clubs and engagement activities enable online students to pursue their interests and deepen their learning while making friends with other students.
For students who may prefer more short-term activities, we also offer “edutaining” Pop Up Events on a variety of topics such as art history, science, storytelling, financial literacy, gaming, and pets.
Our wide range of online school clubs and activities makes it possible for students to:
- Extend learning that supports their academic interests through engaging projects and presentations.
- Connect with students from across the country and the world.
- Make new friends.
- Develop leadership skills.
- Gain social confidence.
- Explore new interests and expand their knowledge.
- Share their own original creations with peers.
- Participate in exciting contests and competitions.
- Have fun!