Students/Learning Coaches can log into the learning management site from various devices, such as a mobile phone, tablet, or desktop computer. We regularly test a wide range of devices to ensure the accessibility and functionality of the education management system.
Hardware and Software
We recommend that students/Learning Coaches update software and Internet browsers regularly on each device. For the best experience, try the following connectivity recommendations for accessing the LMS:
- Desktop and Laptop Computers—for the most user-friendly experience
- Operating System
- Windows 7 or later
- Mac OS 10.7 or later
- Browsers—the latest versions of the following:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer 11 or newer
- Microsoft Edge (Windows 10 only)
- Safari (Mac only)
- Plugins—the latest versions of the following:
- Microsoft Office 2007 or newer
- Alternative: LibreOffice—a free productivity suite compatible with Microsoft Office file formats
Mobile Devices and Third-Party Curriculum
Although we regularly test our education management system, many mobile devices may not be fully compatible with third-party curriculum platforms that are accessed through the LMS. These include: Chromebook, iPad, iPhone, iPod, Kindle, and Android phones & tablets.
- Broadband connectionis required.
- Use the chart on the FCC Household Broadband Guide to assist in selecting the appropriate speed
- For one student, a minimum download speed of 8Mbps should be requested from your ISP.
- For two or more students, a minimum download speed of 25Mbps should be requested from your ISP.
- NOTE: As you add more users/devices (e.g., computers, gaming consoles, streaming devices, etc.) the need for bandwidth increases. Therefore, if you use multiple devices, you should request a minimum download speed of 25Mbps.
- NOTE: If you have a satellite connection, you may experience performance issues depending on outside weather conditions and latency.
- You can test your current Internet speeds at http://www.speedtest.net
- Speeds less than those noted above may result in a less than optimum user experience
- For sessions and other LMS content, the following ports need to be open:
- TCP and UDP ports 80, 443, and 1935
- Click here to check if the ports are open. If any of them fail, please contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to discuss options for opening the ports.
- Data usage
- The amount of data transferred over your Internet connection each month depends on what your student’s courses and online activities are each day. We are not able to provide this information because each session in the LMS is unique and varied. Please contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to discuss the best option for your needs.
If you have any questions or concerns about this, please contact technical support at 1-844-765-2858. We are available Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.– 5 p.m. Eastern.